Forget The Past Body Scrub
Forget the Past Sugar Scrub is a gentle scrub for sensitive skin. Many times we just reflect on the negativity from our past and moving forward is difficult. Memories playing in your mind over and over causing cortisol to flood the body resulting in severe inflammation which results in disease, mental health, obesity, etc. Calm down, take slow deep breaths and move on for you, forgive for you, love you for you even if nobody else does. You are special, important, loved, and here for a reason so remind others you too are special by practicing some self-love techniques. Use this sugar scrub to forget the past and focus on the future.
Use this scrub in conjunction with my sweat-it-out bath time soak or by itself. This product is all-natural so try not to get any water in it. Make sure your hands are dry when scooping out some of the sugar scrub mixture, the chemicals in the water could result in mold.
- Smooth a small amount onto clean, dry skin using dry fingers.
- Next, wet your skin with warm water which will soften your skin and prepare it for exfoliation. A good rule of thumb is to soak in the tub or stand under the shower for 5 to 10 minutes before you begin scrubbing.
- Water that’s too hot can dry out your skin. The optimal temperature for your skin is a lukewarm temperature below 105 °F (41 °C) (if your skin is turning red, it’s too hot!).
- If you’re going to shave your legs, do so before using the sugar scrub to avoid stinging and irritation.
- Wash your skin before you scrub to remove sweat, dirt, and makeup. Otherwise scrubbing could push it further into the skin.
- Massage the scrub into your skin. With gentle pressure, rub the sugar scrub into your skin in a circular motion using the pads of your fingers. This not only sloughs off dead skin but also boosts circulation and stimulates the production of collagen in your body, a protein that helps fight wrinkles and keeps skin looking young.
- Start at the top of your body and work down.
- Be careful not to scrub too vigorously as it could damage your skin.
- Rinse with warm water. There’s no need to use shower gel or soap following your scrub. For extra hydration and smoother skin, let the scrub sit on your body for a couple of minutes before rinsing thoroughly.
- Gently use a towel to pat dry the skin
- Finish by using relax my love body butter for stress relief or just plain coconut oil. Do not use a store-bought chemical-infested moisturizer as your pores are very open and the absorption rate into the bloodstream is faster!
Ingredients: Brown sugar, olive oil, vitamin E, almond oil, avocado oil, jojoba oil, honey, grapeseed oil, lavender oil, ylang-ylang oil, bergamot oil, patchouli oil, sage oil, vanilla oil, beetroot powder, orange peel powder